Thread: Coin Acceptor

• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

Default Coin Acceptor

I've just added an article to the website about how to use a coin acceptor with DSLR Remote Pro's photobooth mode:
    http://www.breezesys.com/articles/ph...n_acceptor.htm

All that is required is a coin acceptor with microswitch (I used an inexpensive one from Gremlin Solutions in the UK), a StealthSwitch II and an AutoHotKey script which can be downloaded from our website.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

stillmation
    stillmation is offlineSenior Member

Excellent. This was on my list of additions to TheSnapBox. Coin or token acceptor.
    I should add, Gremlin are great suppliers too, I use them myself.

Thanks Chris.

alexsiskahn
    alexsiskahn is offlineSenior Member

Default can coin operation be added to the Photobooth Button Program?

To avoid having to buy the stealth switch can the "coin operation command" be added to the Photobooth Button Program? I'd like to wire up com port 9 to the coin acceptor.

thanks!

anastassis
    anastassis is offlineMember

Will it be possible to use the touchscreen settings (ie. black & white or color, profile A or Profile B), after we insert a coin in the ready screen, and before we hit the stealthswitch?

QuoteOriginally Posted by alexsiskahn View Post
    To avoid having to buy the stealth switch can the "coin operation command" be added to the Photobooth Button Program? I'd like to wire up com port 9 to the coin acceptor.

thanks!
    You could use it to start the photobooth shooting sequence but there isn't an option in the photobooth button utility to send an F6 key press to switch between standby mode and ready mode. Even if the photobooth button utility had the option to send F6 it wouldn't work properly if someone inserted another coin because that would switch back from ready to standby.

QuoteOriginally Posted by anastassis View Post
    Will it be possible to use the touchscreen settings (ie. black & white or color, profile A or Profile B), after we insert a coin in the ready screen, and before we hit the stealthswitch?
    If you use the coin acceptor to switch the booth from standby to ready you can then use all the normal touchscreen settings and then press the start button to start the shooting sequence.

anastassis

QuoteOriginally Posted by Chris Breeze View Post
    If you use the coin acceptor to switch the booth from standby to ready you can then use all the normal touchscreen settings and then press the start button to start the shooting sequence.
    So to understand this correctly, i will still need the coin acceptor and connect it to the stealthswitch as shown in your document, but i will be able to start the photobooth sequence by pressing the go button in the touchscreen than hit the stealthswitch button..Makes sense? Thank you

QuoteOriginally Posted by anastassis View Post
    So to understand this correctly, i will still need the coin acceptor and connect it to the stealthswitch as shown in your document, but i will be able to start the photobooth sequence by pressing the go button in the touchscreen than hit the stealthswitch button..Makes sense? Thank you
    All the coin acceptor and AutoHotKey script do is switch between standby mode and ready mode which is the same as pressing F6. After printing the photos the script sends F6 to put the booth in standby mode (which cancels live view and displays the welcome.jpg screen). When the StealthSwitch II gets the signal from the coin acceptor it sends F12 which is picked up the script which in turn sends F6 to the photobooth to tell it to return to ready mode (which re-enables live view and displays the ready.jpg). From then on everything works as normal and you can use a touchscreen, StealthSwitch button or any of the other input methods to start the picture taking sequence.

anastassis

QuoteOriginally Posted by Chris Breeze View Post
    All the coin acceptor and AutoHotKey script do is switch between standby mode and ready mode which is the same as pressing F6. After printing the photos the script sends F6 to put the booth in standby mode (which cancels live view and displays the welcome.jpg screen). When the StealthSwitch II gets the signal from the coin acceptor it sends F12 which is picked up the script which in turn sends F6 to the photobooth to tell it to return to ready mode (which re-enables live view and displays the ready.jpg). From then on everything works as normal and you can use a touchscreen, StealthSwitch button or any of the other input methods to start the picture taking sequence.
    Very informative...thank you..

BoothThis
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    BoothThis is offlineJunior Member

You could also use the UHID nano to emulate the key presses rather than the stealth switch.