• Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    MikeJefferson
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    MikeJefferson is offlineJunior Member

Default Choosing Between 2x6 strips or 4x6 photo

Does anyone know if there is a way to let the user choose between the 2x6 cut (I use a DNP DSRX-1 printer) and just a normal 4x6 photo? When I enabled the cut, it sliced the 4x6 template that I had setup too. Basically I don't want to have to get in and manually set it every time; want to keep flow moving as quick as possible as I am utilizing a touchscreen booth.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mike
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

LorneChesal
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • Visit Homepage
    LorneChesal is offlineSenior Member

don't believe so.

The one setting that can't be changed dynamically by profiles is the printer set up. Once you select a paper size in the settings that's it for every profile. And selecting paper size is the difference between 2x6 and 4x6. You could offer a 4x6 laid out as 2 -2x6s, but you would have to cut the print manually. The printer's cutter is tied to the paper size in the firmware of the printer.
    ----------------

regards,

Lorne
    GH Photo Booth
    passionate.about.pictures

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

It's a little tricky to set up but you can do using Hotfolder Prints and profiles e.g. to set up the booth to print 6x2 strips and Hotfolder Prints to print the 6x4 layout:

1) Use {photoboothSubdir} to specify the download folder in File->Preferences e.g. C:\Photobooth\{photoboothSubdir}
    2) Create a 6x2 profile with the output option set to "Print" or "Print and save JPEG copy" and using one photobooth image folder e.g. C:\PhotoboothImages\6x2
    3) Create a 6x4 profile with the output option set to "JPEG copy only" or "None" and using one photobooth image folder e.g. C:\PhotoboothImages\6x4
    4) Set up Hotfolder Prints to monitor the folder C:\Photobooth\6x4 and to print a 6x4 layout

When the booth is running the 6x2 profile will save the photos in C:\Photobooth\6x2 and print out the 6x2 strips and the 6x4 profile will save the photos in C:\Photobooth\6x4 where they are printed by Hotfolder Prints. The only thing you need to remember to do is to use File->Printer Setup to change the printer settings to select 6x4 each time you run Hotfolder Prints.