• Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    djericpr
    djericpr is offlineJunior Member

Default Feature suggestion

It would be nice for the Flip Book software to:

1. Work as a plug in to DSLR Remote Pro where in one event the clients can choose either a photostrip or a flip book.

2. Save the videos so that they could be posted online.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

photo_ells is offlineMember

QuoteOriginally Posted by djericpr View Post
    It would be nice for the Flip Book software to:

1. Work as a plug in to DSLR Remote Pro where in one event the clients can choose either a photostrip or a flip book.
    I dont think this would be a good idea at all, they are completely different products and should be marketed to your clients as different things, they also should be priced differently to reflect the extra paper and steps etc that goes into making a flipbook. Combining them together in one hire and giving the guests a choice is crazy, are you going to charge flipbook prices and be a very expensive photobooth or photobooth prices and be a very cheap (and worse off) flipbook hire, somewhere in between wouldnt work either. If you are going down the flipbbok route just add it as another service, i am sure that if you offered flipbooks and photobooths in one hire most people would go for the books anyhow over the strips so why bother wanting to combine them?

Without meaning to sound rude, have you run a flipbook at an event yet to see how different it is to a photobooth? You will need two members of staff (if you dont already use two with your booths) you will go through alot more paper per session, ( for me a decent flipbook needs to have approx 50-60 pages to make it look good, thats 12 - 15 sheets of dye sub media plus covers).

I do agree though with the idea of having video files online, or to give to the client afterwards like other softwares allow you to. Of course with this flipbook software unlike others it doesnt actually shoot video and save a video file which has frames taken from for the pages but rather it captures the frames as images straight away. It would be nice if there was a quick way to convert these frames from each session to a video file.

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

You could use Windows Live Movie Maker to create and/or publish the videos. This could be semi-automated by creating a movie project before hand and then loading it with the frames from each clip then using the save movie or publish to Facebook. YouTube etc. options.

The project could be created like this:
    1) Create a working folder and copy the frames from a flip book clip into it
    2) Select new project in Windows Live Movie Maker
    3) Drag and drop the frames into the window
    4) Select all the frames, click on Edit and set the duration to 0.15. Possibly aslo select a transition for each page from the Animations tab
    5) Add a cover page
    6) Save the project in the same folder as the working folder
    7) Exit Windows Live Movie Maker

Then to publish a movie:
    1) Copy the frames into the working folder
    2) Double click on the Windows Live Movie Maker project file
    3) Click on the share option you wish to use e.g. FaceBook or select save movie etc.
    4) Exit Windows Live Movie Maker (you need to do this so that Windows Live Movie Maker reloads the new images the next time it runs)

It probably isn't too difficult to fully automate this using an AutoHotKey script.

jbdeleon is offlineJunior Member

Default Features Wishlist for Flipbook

Here are some wishlist I would like to see in the future

1. Background thumbnail selection prior to shoot
    2. Selection for auto-printing settings and prior to printing have confirmation to print (similar to breeze photo booth software)

Thanks and regards,

Jed de Leon
    Party Treasures
    Photo Booth

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

QuoteOriginally Posted by jbdeleon View Post
    Here are some wishlist I would like to see in the future

1. Background thumbnail selection prior to shoot
    Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by this

QuoteOriginally Posted by jbdeleon View Post
    2. Selection for auto-printing settings and prior to printing have confirmation to print (similar to breeze photo booth software)
    It sort of works this way already. You can play back the frames that have just been captured and then choose whether to print them. Play back is Flipbook Photobooth's equivalent of print preview in a stills photobooth.

jbdeleon is offlineJunior Member

Default Autosaving prints

QuoteOriginally Posted by Chris Breeze View Post
    Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by this

It sort of works this way already. You can play back the frames that have just been captured and then choose whether to print them. Play back is Flipbook Photobooth's equivalent of print preview in a stills photobooth.
    =======

Is there a way to auto-save the print images without the need to press F7? I had events where the technician forgot to press F7 and the image captures were lost. Thanks in advance.