Thread: Emailing Photos AFTER the event.

• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Linear Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode

Hybrid View

Sound Storms Ent.
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • Visit Homepage
    Sound Storms Ent. is offlineJunior Member

Default Emailing Photos AFTER the event.

I tried to search the threads and found bits and pieces of answers here and there. I figured I would try and start this thread and see if it all can be combined together in one place.........

I know I have seen many people asking for help on this topic so I am hoping this thread will come in handy for everyone at some point in time. Including all the future breeze users as well......

I am looking for a script that would allow me to email the guest their photo strips after the event. Should it be a day or two later even. I would like this feature so lets say worst case scenario your printer quits working. You can turn on the on screen keyboard and collect email addresses and when you get back to the office you can email these guests their photos.

Is there a script that can be run that will extract the user's input "email address" and their photo file number and automatically compose the email? Keeping in mind there will be multiple sessions with email addresses and file names not just one.... Thank you very much for anyone's help with this.

On a side note to Mr. Chris Breeze directly......... Can we make a Sub Forum for people to post working scripts in? For example I could post the Title "Random Green Screen Graphics" and content would be the script that others can easily find and copy for them selves? Just an idea I think would help a lot of people out....... Thank you again for your great programs and support!
    Storm
    Sound Storms Entertainment
    www.SoundStormsDJ.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

QuoteOriginally Posted by Sound Storms Ent. View Post
    I tried to search the threads and found bits and pieces of answers here and there. I figured I would try and start this thread and see if it all can be combined together in one place.........

I know I have seen many people asking for help on this topic so I am hoping this thread will come in handy for everyone at some point in time. Including all the future breeze users as well......

I am looking for a script that would allow me to email the guest their photo strips after the event. Should it be a day or two later even. I would like this feature so lets say worst case scenario your printer quits working. You can turn on the on screen keyboard and collect email addresses and when you get back to the office you can email these guests their photos.

Is there a script that can be run that will extract the user's input "email address" and their photo file number and automatically compose the email? Keeping in mind there will be multiple sessions with email addresses and file names not just one.... Thank you very much for anyone's help with this.
    One option is to use Hotfolder Prints. If there is no internet connection it will write an error log which can be run as a batch file to send the emails later. Please see this page of the help file for details: http://www.breezesys.com/Hotfolder/h...haring_and.htm

If you don't want to use Hotfolder Prints you can modify the photobooth_log.ahk script to extract the email address and photo information and write it to a single file that can be run later to email the images. photobooth_log.ahk can be downloaded from:
    http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth6.htm

Writing a script email the images is a bit tricky. The script in this posting can email using Thunderbird:
    https://breezesysforum.co.uk/foru...9828#post19828

QuoteOriginally Posted by Sound Storms Ent. View Post
    On a side note to Mr. Chris Breeze directly......... Can we make a Sub Forum for people to post working scripts in? For example I could post the Title "Random Green Screen Graphics" and content would be the script that others can easily find and copy for them selves? Just an idea I think would help a lot of people out....... Thank you again for your great programs and support!
    I'm not sure about this because it would probably be quite difficult for people who aren't familiar with programming to find and use the scripts. It might make more sense to add a "user contributed scripts" page to the website instead.

CheekyPix is offlineJunior Member

Can anyone help with a script that will extract email info from the xml files 'after the event'.

Something that will loop through all the files and extract the data into a csv, for those of us that are not as well versed in AHK.. please..!

CheekyPix is offlineJunior Member

Sussed it.. and its easier than i thought..

MS Excel has the facility to import data from multiple xml files.

details here:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...es_into_one_or