• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    mfphoto
    mfphoto is offlineMember

Default Paper Tray for DNP RX1

I have a RX1 printer that I am currently using for the Flip Book. When the pages drop into the tray, they sometimes flip over or get out of order. Has anyone come up with a solution for this? (I will be upgrading printers as soon as I book a couple more rentals)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

I made a simple print catcher from plastic sheet bought from a craft shop as shown on this page of the help file:
    http://www.breezesys.com/Flipbook/help/printers.htm

You need the step to ensure that each strip drops down and allows the next strip to land on top of it, keeping the right order. The piece folded back over the top helps guide the strips into the catcher and prevents them from flipping over.

mfphoto
    mfphoto is offlineMember

Chris,

I just got the DS40 printer to use with the flipbook booth. Question on the paper tray you made.....is the plastic sheet blue like it is shown on your link? Is this a plastic that is easy to bend? How did you do the bends ?

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

The plastic sheet I used is blue as shown in the photos in the help file and is flexible like stiff cardboard. I folded it using the edge of a steel rule to ensure the folds were in the right place. I folded it back on itself and pressed down to get a clean fold and then bent it back to the required angle.