Thread: why do i get blurry images at 1/200 f/3.5 iso3200 Manual exposure? any quick fix?

• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    alexsiskahn
    alexsiskahn is offlineSenior Member

Default why do i get blurry images at 1/200 f/3.5 iso3200 Manual exposure? any quick fix?

I read the ENTIRE flipbooks help file and I didn't see any reference to blurry images and I don't think I should be getting any at these settings:
    1/200
    f/3.5
    iso 3200
    middle of the day with sunlight coming through 3 big living room windows.

any tips?
    If you want help POST a PHOTO of your PROBLEM using a free image host web site like http://imageshack.us/ OR record a video and upload to youtube.com then post link in your post.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

The software is grabbing frames from the live view feed not actually taking individual photos. The shutter speed will affect the brightness of the live view display when using manual exposure but it won't affect the effective shutter speed used for the live view images. Canon don't provide information about the shutter speed used for live view but it appears to be around 1/20 to 1/30 sec.
    You will probably get better quality pictures by choosing a lower ISO setting.

alexsiskahn
    alexsiskahn is offlineSenior Member

Default thanks

Yeah I noticed that adjusting the exposure settings had no noticible effect on the shutter speed.
    so basically I might as well put the thing on program mode!
    If you want help POST a PHOTO of your PROBLEM using a free image host web site like http://imageshack.us/ OR record a video and upload to youtube.com then post link in your post.

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

You might want to use AV exposure mode and then set the aperture to f8 or f11 to get good depth of field. If you set the exposure mode to P the camera will probably use the widest aperture available which will give a small depth of field.