• Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    ezphotoboothjax
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    ezphotoboothjax is offlineBanned

Default Sound when counting down

I am using DSLR pro and webcam photo booth and I was wondering the following.

Is there a way that I can make a beeping noise or have the software play someone saying 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 when using the booth. My customers like to change props in between shots and they don't have any way to know how much time is left on the screen since they aren't looking at it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

You can play a WAV sound file by putting it in the photobooth images folder and giving it the same name as the screen when it should be played e.g. for a audible countdown you will need a copy for each photo and name it 1.wav, 2.wav, 3.wav etc. Please see the help file for more details.

ezphotoboothjax
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    ezphotoboothjax is offlineBanned

Default I have sounds for each picture

For each picture, 1,2,3,4 I have a sound playing like "get ready" or "smile". What I am looking for is an audible tone that plays when the countdown for each picture is on the screen. I used sparkbooth in the past and they had a beeping sound with each second that passed. I tried manually creating a beep and playing that with each slide but it wasn't in sync.

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

You may need to adjust the timing of the audio clip or the duration of the countdown to get it in sync. Alternatively you could create a beep and name it taking.wav and release.wav to play it one second before taking the photo and just as the command to take the photos is sent to the camera.

Another way to do it would be to use a movie file for the countdown. This will allow you to display an animated countdown and have audio cues. The software will wait for the movie clip to finish playing before taking the picture and so sync shouldn't be a problem.