• Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    gregausit
    gregausit is offlineMember

Default Geo Tagging 1.9.7 and google Earth

Hi All,

Trying to tag CR2 files from a 550D, updated to the 1.9.7 version my lic caters for, but still no joy when trying to tag with google eart, for some reason it thinks I am in Antractica all the time ?

Last time I pad for an upgrade, I seem to remember it was due to geo tagging as well. Oddly if I use the gps file, downloader pro works ok, but breezebrowser crashes if I do it via file as well, but I do want to finish off with breezebrowser.

seems picasa works, but it now stores in a seperate file, trying not to use picasa as BB has been part of my workflow since close to inception.

HELP
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

gregausit

I am not sure why, but the forum only shows my post and two others bt Chris ?

Anyways, further to my post, I remember this used to work, the failure was with an older version of GE, anyway, updating it also does not work, nor updating BB.

Seeing I have now BB 1.9.7.1 can the versions of Google Earth that should work with my version be posted, and can I suggest a sticky that can contain a list of what versions of BB should work with what versions of Google Earth ?

I can't afford to loose much more hair... lol

Cheers

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

I think you can use Google Earth versions up to 6.1. After that Google removed the COM interface which allowed desktop programs like BreezeBrowser Pro to communicate with Google Earth.

gregausit

Hi Chris,

Yes in fact, with the version I am using, after a re insatll of both BB and GE 6.1.0.5001 I got it to work again...yay !

So are you say that after that version, BB no longer will work with GE, i.e if you have the latest BB will it work with the latest GE ?

Cheers

Greg

The latest version of BreezeBrowser Pro uses the same COM interface to communicate with Google Earth and will only work with GE 6.1 or earlier.

The Doc
    The Doc is offlineJunior Member

Chris

Is it possible in a future version to allow us to add GPS data directly into the photo if we have it? I use Downloader Pro but sometimes the GPS data is not correct. I use to use GE in that situation, but with interface going, would it be possible for us to enter it directly using BB?

Another suggestion, perhaps a link to open maps as well. This add in does a good job: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rc=userprofile See Map lnk functionality.
    Last edited by The Doc; July 14th, 2013 at 10:57 AM.

I don't have any plans to add the ability to manually enter the GPS data because it would be very tedious to type in GPS coords for different images and easy to make mistakes. If an image contains GPS data you can right click on it in BBPro and select "View map" to display its location in a web browser using Google Maps.

The Doc
    The Doc is offlineJunior Member

Thanks, I had missed that. I can use that instead. Edit: That does not let me change the GPS details, but I will use Photo Mechanic instead.
    Last edited by The Doc; July 17th, 2013 at 12:55 PM.