• Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    DPB2011
    DPB2011 is offlineJunior Member

Default Martin Yale Cutter

Hello all
    I am needing help getting the correct measurements on a letter size paper to cut correctly on a yale cutter. Printing 12 on a page (using 4 rows and 3 columns)
    Also, what lighting do you recommend using for the flip books station? I purchased continuous lighting and it looks great on the screen while shooting but once it prints it is dark and blurry.
    TIA
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

You need to experiment to get the best settings for your combination of printer and cutter. I suggest starting off by setting the number of rows and columns and printing a test page. Then use this to set the top, bottom, left and right margins to match the printable area of the printer.

You need to use continuous lighting for flip books. I use a pair of 500W equivalent compact fluorescent lights and set the camera ISO to 1600.

If the JPEG copies of the flip book pages look OK on screen but the printed pages are dull it may mean that the printer settings are wrong or the paper isn't high enough quality. There will be some motion blur if the subject is moving because the effective shutter speed of the frames grabbed in live view is relatively slow.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote