• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    photo_ells is offlineMember

Default Cover image problems

Hi Chris

I have been using the software previously with a laser printer and a MY slitter with custom printed covers but I am looking at using the software with the DS40s instead and the function of the "print cover on front page" especially for events that are short notice and won't be able to get custom covers made.

I have encountered a problem though with this. I have the "print cover on front page" checked and I have a "background1.jpg" in the folder but the print out isn't correct. It is leaving out the first frame (as it should) but instead of filling this gap with the background image it is blank and the background image is under a different frame!

I have set it up as a 2x2 without printer cutting and with images set to the right so the pagination is as follows…

11 1
    31 21

12 2
    32 22

etc

What is happening is if the book was assembled page one is blank and page 11 has it's frame on it plus the background behind, all other pages have just their frames as they should.

Is this something I am setting wrong or a bug?

Thanks

Elliott
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

I think all you need to do is edit the background1.jpg to put the cover in the right place. The background1.jpg is applied to the whole 6x4 print and needs to be the same size in pixels as the output. If the print layout is
    11 01
    31 21
    the cover should be in the top right hand corner.

The simplest way to create the background is to select "Save print layout", unselect "Print" and print a book. Then edit page_01.jpg to add the cover image in the gap for image 1, remove the remaining images and save as background.jpg.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply but that didn't work. All that did was put the whole new background image based on the output size in the spot of page 11 in my pagination so that the cover was very small and in the wrong place

It seems that it puts what ever the background is into this one space when the cover image option is checked rather than the correct space for it.

I tried it as background1 and just background

Thanks

Elliott

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

If you use the DNP DS40 settings shown in the help file it will print 7 6x4 sheets and the first page, saved as page_01.jpg, will have image 14 in the top left, image 15 bottom left, space for the cover top right and image 1 bottom right. The cover can be added by editing page_01.jpg in an image editor and adding the cover in the top left corner, deleting the three images and saving as background1.jpg in the screen images folder.

OK all working now!

I had previously done what you had suggested and it never worked but I have reinstalled again and re-saved the background file (could have been corrupt, but was showing fine in windows viewer) and it seemed to fix it, so not sure what the problem was before.

Thanks

Elliott