• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    photo_ells is offlineMember

Default More layout problems

Hi Chris,

As well as my previous issue with the cover image not working (and still not working after your suggestion, see other thread). I have tried to use the "outer" setting instead of the "right" setting that I normally use. The preview in the software is correct as the frames are set to the outsides with the staples in the middle but the actual print outs and saved layouts are different from this! What is happening is all the images are set to the left and upside down, surely it should be just the left hand side that is like this with the right hand side set to the right and the right way round?

I have samples off all the problems if you would like me to email these to you as I cannot post images on here.

I have tried reinstalling the current version and also the previous version and the error appears the same on both these versions for me.

Really hoping that this would work as I have a job coming up soon that I was hoping to try the DS40 and ream cutter set up for instead of the laser and slitter set up.

Thanks

Elliott
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

It's best to set the "Image position:" to "outer" when using a 6x4 dyesub printer because you need to manually cut the 6x2 strips in half and if the staple ends are in the middle any alignment errors when cutting won't matter. The outer edges where you flick through the book will be perfectly square. The left images will be upside down and the right images the right way up if the staple ends are in the middle.
    Please try using the settings for the DNP DS40 shown in the help file. They do work even if they do seem odd when you look at the printouts.

photo_ells is offlineMember

Hi Chris,

OK for some reason using your settings it's working now and the frames are all to the outside with the left one's upside-down as it should be and the right the right way up and to the right.

When I was using my own margin settings it wasn't setting the images like this instead ALL to the left and upside down when set in "outer" which is why I was using right before.

The other issue is fixed too, see other thread.
    Last edited by photo_ells; October 19th, 2013 at 02:22 PM.