• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    alexp
    alexp is offlineMember

Default One photo keeps re-printing over and over again

I was using Photobooth in 4 photos/print mode. When I needed duplicates, I would hit Ctrl+R. All of a sudden, one photo started to print over and over again. It must have printed 20 copies before I shut the printer off. Good thing it was the end of the gig. What could have triggered this? Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

There are a few possible causes:
    1) The number of copies is set to more than 1. This can be set to anything up to 20 copies using the "increase num prints" touchscreen action or keyboard shortcut. You can check the setting in the photobooth settings dialog. Typing Ctrl+1 in full screen photobooth mode will set the number of copies to 1
    2) The number of copies is set to more than 1 in the printer driver. You can check this by selecting File->Printer setup...
    3) The Windows print spooler has gone wrong and is repeatedly sending the same job to the printer and not deleting it from the queue. Rebooting might fix this.

alexp
    alexp is offlineMember

Please check the screen shot.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fglskte22...creen-Shot.jpg

It looks like number of copies was set to 20 in the printer driver for multiple photos. How could this have happened? It was working fine the whole night, printing out 1 copy. Sometimes I would press Ctrl+R to reprint. And then all of a sudden it started printing out 20.
    I am trying to understand what happened so that I can avoid this embarrassing moment in the future. Please let me know what you think happened. Thanks.

The screenshot doesn't show whether the number of copies was set in the printer driver or DSLR Remote Pro. The only way to select 20 copies in DSLR Remote Pro is by repeatedly pressing numberpad + key or selecting the "More copies" touchscreen action.

In DSLR Remote Pro you can reset the number of copies t one by typing Ctrl+1 before tying Ctrl+R to reprint.

If you save your settings to file (with the number of copies set to 1) and set this up as the default profile this will reset the booth back to the default settings after each set of photos.

alexp
    alexp is offlineMember

OK, I think I know what happened. I was using a wireless keyboard to do re-prints when needed, and must have held the + button by accident. I understand now that using the keyboard is not the best idea. It's too big, and I have to constantly pick it up and put it down. Can you recommend another way? I only would need couple of buttons. For example, + button, - button, Start, and Print button. Is there a small keyboard with just couple of buttons that I can mount on the back of my hp touchscreen 520? It should be black in color to match the back of the touchscreen. Please let me know.

You could use a wireless presenter: http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth3.htm
    You would need to use an AutoHotKey script to remap the keys.
    Please note that not all models of the Kensington wireless presenter generate key presses for all 4 keys.

alexp
    alexp is offlineMember

Thanks. Also what is the difference between

Ctrl+R - reprint the last set of photos without displaying the touchscreen keyboard or print confirmation screens

Shift+Ctrl+R - fast reprint of the last set of photos (if output option is set to "Print and save JPEG copy")

Is the second option faster? Please explain.

Ctrl+R recreates the output using the current settings and then prints.
    Shift+Ctrl+R simply re-sends the JPEG copy of the printed output to the printer and is faster.