• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    PhotoMeir
    PhotoMeir is offlineMember

Default Flash Sync Setting

Currently in a little pickle trying to figure something out, and it has got me stumped.

Canon T3i with hot shoe adapter synced to a ring flash.

When DSLR Remote is open and camera is set to manual, release test shots are fired at the current settings (1/60th F8, 800iso). However, once entering Full Screen Photo Booth mode the camera seems to "default" to 1/200th. Again, this is a basic hot shoe adapter, and no speedlite is connected to give the camera any sort of electronic or TTL communication, and the camera is set to Manual mode on the dial. In DSLR Remote, external flash mode IS checked.

Thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

ezphotoboothjax
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    ezphotoboothjax is offlineBanned

Default seen this also

I have had it happen before where when I start the photobooth, it changes my flash to bulb and I have to change it back. I have also realized that my flash was controlled by my aperture, if I set it incorrectly, it wouldn't tell my slave flashes to go off.

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

QuoteOriginally Posted by PhotoMeir View Post
    Currently in a little pickle trying to figure something out, and it has got me stumped.

Canon T3i with hot shoe adapter synced to a ring flash.

When DSLR Remote is open and camera is set to manual, release test shots are fired at the current settings (1/60th F8, 800iso). However, once entering Full Screen Photo Booth mode the camera seems to "default" to 1/200th. Again, this is a basic hot shoe adapter, and no speedlite is connected to give the camera any sort of electronic or TTL communication, and the camera is set to Manual mode on the dial. In DSLR Remote, external flash mode IS checked.

Thoughts?
    The external flash mode setting uses one shutter speed for live view (the bulb setting for Rebel series cameras) and another when taking the photos (this defaults to 1/200 sec) . You can adjust the shutter speed used when taking the photo by editing a setting in the Windows registry. Please see the help file or FAQ 12 on this page for more information http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth8.htm

CheekyPix is offlineMember

Is it possible to add this setting into the xml file rather than change it in the Windows Registry..?

I tried this but didn't seem to work..?

You need to exit the program before making changes to the registry otherwise the settings will be overwritten when you close DSLR Remote Pro.

I don't think it makes sense to store this in the XML profile files because it is more of a system wide setting than a profile related one.

I can get it to work by changing the setting in the Windows Registry.

My question is: Can it be overridden by having it in the xml file..?

DSLR Pro ver 2.51 and a 1100D

For me it is more a profile setting as the same laptop might be used in two different booths, one an enclosed booth and the other an open air booth.
    With the open booth I want to drag the shutter a little to get more ambient light into the exposure as well as the flash exposure.
    Last edited by CheekyPix; October 15th, 2014 at 05:26 PM.

QuoteOriginally Posted by CheekyPix View Post
    My question is: Can it be overridden by having it in the xml file..?
    No, you can only set it using the registry setting.

No problem, I shall stop trying then

Its not a major issue, easy enough to change in the registry and something that few people will need to do.