• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    oeni4711 is offlineMember

Default Can mouse be enabled during touchscreen keyboard session

Hi,

as I don't have a touchscreen but I want to use the touchscreen keyboard to let clients enter some information with a real keyboard I wonder if it's possible to show mouse and use cursor during touchscreen keyboard session so a user can select some checkboxes, switch between different input fields etc.
    Otherwise I don't know how I should realize it.

Best regards,

Olly
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

You can use the tab key to navigate between text input fields, but there isn't any way to access the checkbox via the keyboard and no option to enable the mouse cursor.

One possible solution would be to allocate a key to toggle the checkbox (e.g. F1) and then use an AutoHotKey to detect the key press and replace it with a mouse click on the checkbox.

I've taken a more detailed look at the code and it is relatively simple to add a tag to enable the mouse cursor e.g. 1. I will add this in the next release.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Chris Breeze View Post
    I've taken a more detailed look at the code and it is relatively simple to add a tag to enable the mouse cursor e.g. 1. I will add this in the next release.
    Cool, thx!

Hi Chris,
    what's the windows title if touchscreen keyboard is used?
    I can't use AHK's AutoIt3 Window Spy for some reason as screen vanishes when keyboard appears and when changing window to the app again the Window Spy window is moved to background.
    With AHK I would assign a key for this windows only and not in general.
    Thx & regards,
    Olly

The title for the touchscreen keyboard window is "Breeze Systems Photobooth - keyboard".

Hi Chris,
    what "code" do I need to send by AHK?
    Because I can simulate a click on "Ok" Button to send email but according to the help file the code "OK" is a special code and not just a keystroke.
    So in my case the touchscreen keyboard button is "pressed" by AHK with a MouseClick command but that doesn't do the trick.
    Also the keyboard history of AHK doesn't get anything. Of course, as touchscreen is no keyboard and no mouse ;-)
    Best regards,
    Olly
    Last edited by oeni4711; March 19th, 2014 at 07:46 PM.

Something like this should work:

#IfWinActive, Breeze Systems Photobooth - keyboard
    Enter::Click 708,132

HI Chris,
    this would have been too easy ;-)
    As written a Click or MouseClick doesn't do the trick. Looks like mouse events are something else than real touchscreen events.
    Key History doesn't record any tap I do on the touchscreen or pen tablet.
    The button is highlighted when I use the mouse or keyboard command (which is converted by AHK to a Click/MouseClick command) but nothing is done.
    When I tap the button on touch display itself or pen tablet the email address is being validated and if in good format email is send.
    So there must be a difference between "touch" gestures and mouse/keyboard events.

Maybe I have to use totally different approach/code: http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topi...and-coordmode/

And according to your help file it's more than a simple key code:
    The following codes have special values:
    "Shift" - puts the keyboard into shifted mode (i.e. upper case) when pressed
    "OK" - closes the keyboard window and returns the user input if at least one text input field contains text
    "OK all" - closes the keyboard window and returns the user input if all the input fields contain some text
    "OK none" - closes the keyboard window and returns the user input even if none of the input fields contain text
    "Cancel" - closes the keyboard window and cancels the user input

Best regards,
    Olly
    Last edited by oeni4711; March 20th, 2014 at 10:26 AM.

The script works on my system. You need to ensure that the coordinates of the Click command match the position of the OK button in absolute screen coordinates. If the touchscreen is running on a second monitor the coordinates will need to have the width of the first monitor added to them.