Thread: Total noob needs advice.

• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    DavidCrane is offlineJunior Member

Default Total noob needs advice.

Hi all, hope you're well on this sunny-ish friday afternoon.

I'm in desperate need of some advice on setting up my system.

I'm trying to setup a photobooth, with full manual control.
    The scenario is as follows:

I want to USB tether my D750/or D90 (backup) camera to a laptop.
    For every client/group, I will shoot two to four images.

The customer(s) will then go through with my assistant, which photo they'd like.
    Either print one or all four. Each can be printed on either 6x4 OR 8x6 on the Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S.

OR they can have two or four images laid out on 6x4 or 8x6.

With the possibilty of adding a photo effect filter, and also automatically adding my logo at the bottom.

Which software would I need for the simplest but efficient method. And how would I keep track of clients images?

Can the software put the four photos in a individual folder and the same for all subsequent sets, then show up on the software to browse?
    Is that the best method?

The facebook/email feature. Can that work outside the photobooth system?

As you can see, I'm very confused.

All advice trully appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is online nowAdministrator

QuoteOriginally Posted by DavidCrane View Post
    Hi all, hope you're well on this sunny-ish friday afternoon.

I'm in desperate need of some advice on setting up my system.

I'm trying to setup a photobooth, with full manual control.
    The scenario is as follows:

I want to USB tether my D750/or D90 (backup) camera to a laptop.
    For every client/group, I will shoot two to four images.

The customer(s) will then go through with my assistant, which photo they'd like.
    Either print one or all four. Each can be printed on either 6x4 OR 8x6 on the Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S.

OR they can have two or four images laid out on 6x4 or 8x6.

With the possibilty of adding a photo effect filter, and also automatically adding my logo at the bottom.

Which software would I need for the simplest but efficient method. And how would I keep track of clients images?

Can the software put the four photos in a individual folder and the same for all subsequent sets, then show up on the software to browse?
    Is that the best method?

The facebook/email feature. Can that work outside the photobooth system?

As you can see, I'm very confused.

All advice trully appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
    Our software isn't really designed to work in this way. You can use NKRemote to run a photobooth where a sequence of 2 or 4 photos are taken automatically and then printed out. Or you could use NKRemote to shoot tethered and have the photos downloaded automatically to the PC and then format them onto a page and print them out automatically using Hotfolder Prints. If you want to apply different effects to th photos after taking them you could use Photoshop and save the edited photos in a folder being monitored by Hotfolder Prints to be printed.

DavidCrane is offlineJunior Member

QuoteOriginally Posted by Chris Breeze View Post
    Our software isn't really designed to work in this way. You can use NKRemote to run a photobooth where a sequence of 2 or 4 photos are taken automatically and then printed out. Or you could use NKRemote to shoot tethered and have the photos downloaded automatically to the PC and then format them onto a page and print them out automatically using Hotfolder Prints. If you want to apply different effects to th photos after taking them you could use Photoshop and save the edited photos in a folder being monitored by Hotfolder Prints to be printed.
    Thanks for replying. Oh dear, I was really hoping for a ray of light. I'm just trying to figure out how other photographers run live booth style events and print.

I'll trial the NKRemote and Hotfolder Prints combo and see I could get something going.