• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    wickedplastikman
    wickedplastikman is offlineJunior Member

Default Webcam Photobooth: Using more than 16 profiles

ok. i allow users to pick from several different magazine covers (overlays) from inside the booth. right now, i have it set up using profiles. webcam booth only allows 16 profiles but i have more than 16 overlays to pick from. so right now i have many overlays that i don't use. i was told that i can use more than 16 profiles using the {photoboothDir} command. i have been trying to set this up and am completely lost. i am going to break this down step by step.

i created C:\Photobooth\gs_bg_example\folder1 through 16.

i created 8 profiles that are in each folder

so here's my first question. do i copy 1 set of pictures into each folder (eg. ready, release, taking, processing, 1, 2, 3, 4...)

and second, is each profile is supposed to point to a different folder containing overlay images? so where do i put the overlay images? do i create a new folder for this? or do i paste a bunch of different overlays into C:\Photobooth\gs_bg_example\folder1 through 16?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

oeni4711 is offlineMember

Hi!
    Maybe this is what you're looking for:
    http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth7.htm
    Cheers,
    Olly

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

folder1 will contain the screen images and the green screen background/overlay images for cover 1, folder2 will contain the screen images and the green screen background/overlay images for cover 2 etc.
    You can copy the screen images from folder1 to the other folders and then edit the ready.jpg screens in each folder if you want to provide additional information to the user for each magazine cover.

wickedplastikman

i get what folder1 etc means. what do you mean by cover1?

obviously i have to reconfigure all the touchscreen settings for a new ready page. how do i adjust my touchscreen settings to pick the next folder? i dont see options in touchscreen settings to pick folders.

and do i just copy that to all my profiles? or will each profile have different settings?
    Last edited by wickedplastikman; November 30th, 2015 at 08:07 PM.

wickedplastikman

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!! i think i have it figured out. FINALLY.

i have to tweak my ready screens and touchscreen settings but i'm making progress.

in the meantime, the instructions are for like 14 backgrounds/overlays. what do i do if i want more? do i just make folder15-50 (just for example)?

and also, these instructions appear to be from an older version of photobooth when there were less profiles. so can i add profile9-16 in each folder to possibly use more backgrounds/overlays?

wickedplastikman

can i still use a personalized welcome screen using this method?
    Last edited by wickedplastikman; December 2nd, 2015 at 02:46 AM.

If you want to have more than one menu page you probably need to use three profiles for navigation and the remaining 15 for selecting backgrounds.
    One profile is used to return to the main menu. This should be an absolute path e.g. C:\Users\Chris\Documents\PhotoboothImages\MainMenu . Set this as the default profile so that it is loaded at startup and after each set of photos.
    Then you need 2 profiles for navigation to the next/previous menu screens. These profiles need to use the {photoboothDir} token.

wickedplastikman

ok. i finally got my {photoboothDir} token working correctly. now i am trying to add the personalized welcome screen.

i basically moved all my profiles down 1 position (in profile settings). originally profile 1 (in profile settings) was {photoboothDir}\profile1.xml. i moved that to profile 2 (in profile settings). profile 1 (in profile settings) is now a direct path (C:\Users\E6430123\Documents\PhotoboothImages\Prof iles\1Personalized Welcome Screen1\welcome screen.xml). that is the location of my personalized welcome screen. that screen is saved as ready.jpg

i set my default profile after shooting sequence to profile 1. when i run photobooth, my welcome screen opens up but i can't move past that screen. my touchscreen settings are set to the full screen and when touched, that action is set to select profile2. however, when i touch the screen, nothing happens.

You can test the profiles by using keyboard shortcuts e.g. type Shift+Ctrl+2 to load profile 2
    If this works but touching the screen doesn't it means you haven't set up the touchscreen actions correctly. You need to load the settings file for profile 1 and then use the touchscreen editor to add the touchscreen actions and then save the settings for profile 1 back to file.

wickedplastikman

ok. 2 questions. i'm working on solving 2 different problems right now.

i have 2 different sets of overlays right now. they all work perfectly. i followed the instructions.

1. how do i use a 3rd set of overlays? (eg. folders 15-21)

and i am still trying to get the personalized welcome screen to work. i started the program and tried shift+ctrl+2 and it didnt switch to the next screen.

2. are you saying to add my welcome screen into folder1 using the {photoboothDir} token? so basically i am pusing all my overlays down 1 folder?