Thread: HFP Title Bar

• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    CheekyPix is offlineMember

Default HFP Title Bar

When running multiple instances of HFP the Window title bar just displays the watched folder path.

Could it display something else to easily differentiate the instances of the program..?

Would also be cool to be able to start multiple instances with a different profile loaded at start up rather than the last one used.
    Perhaps from a shortcut with parameters..?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

I'm not sure what other information could be usefully added to the title bar. Normally when running multiple copies of HFPs they are monitoring different folders.

You can create desktop shortcuts to launch HFPs and add the path of the XML settings file to load it at startup.

I'm doing it the other way round, monitoring the same folder but applying different overlays.

Perhaps display the name of the xml file loaded..?

I did see in the Help files that you could add the xml file to a desktop startup but couldn't get it to work.

Currently in the 'Target' I have: "C:\Program Files (x86)\BreezeSys\Hotfolder Prints\HotFolder.exe"
    How exactly do I need to change that to make it work please..?
    Last edited by CheekyPix; February 10th, 2016 at 06:20 PM.

You need to set it to something like this:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BreezeSys\Hotfolder Prints\HotFolder.exe" "C:\Users\chris\Documents\PhotoboothImages\HFP_set tings.xml"

I've just tested this using HFPs v1.5.4 and something in the Microsoft MFC startup routines is causing it to crash. It works in older versions of the software but the latest version uses a newer version of the Microsoft compiler and this causes it to crash. I'm out of the office until the middle of next week and won't be able to investigate it properly until I'm back in the office.

Yep crashed every time I tried it..

Ver 1.5.4 on Win 7

glad it wasn't just me then..!

No rush..

While you are at it, when you go to load a saved xml the file dialog box shows all files and not just xml files which is rather annoying on a small netbook with a dodgy touchpad.

Hi Chris

A request to reconsider what is displayed in the Title Bar when running HFP.

At the weekend, the job required running 6 instances of HFP each with different xml files loaded and watching 2 separate folders.

Displaying the xml file that is loaded rather than the watched folder would I think be the obvious choice to make life a lot simpler in a fairly complex setup..?

I'm not sure about this because there isn't really the concept of the currently loaded profile. You can run HFPs without a profile or load a profile and then adjust the settings.
    I normally use a script to run complex setups e.g. close all copies of HFPs first then launch each copy of HFPs in turn with its profile, wait for it to open and then move the window.

Yes.. I see your point about running without an xml loaded or making changes to a loaded xml.

As you say.. I've been dragging the xml file and dropping it on the HFP shortcut which is great for opening them up.. then rearranging the windows to try and keep track of which instance is which.