• Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    Rafa
    Rafa is offlineJunior Member

Default GIF to MP4

Hello Guys

i need some help as allways¡¡¡. i have being studying to create a gif booth and i have gone so far to created ... but i got stuck in the convert from gif to mp4 to be able to share the animation on mobiles and instagram etc...

in manual it says... talking about gif zip file. photobooth_animated_GIF2.zip

This script also has the option to create an MP4 movie file of the animation.

is image magik on the zip file and i tried to find out but not luck, could you expalin a litle more to get able to convert the gif to mp4 and then i will use breeze kiosk to share it. or even the same dslr pro.

thanks in advance

i have an event this week and need to sort that out.

kind regards

Rafa
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

The ImageMagick convert command required to create the animated GIF file is included with the script. To create an MP4 copy of the GIF you need to download ffmpeg and edit the script to tell it where ffmpeg is installed by updating the ffmpegDir variable and to enable MP4 creation by setting createMP4copy to 1. Please see the comments in the script for more information.

Rafa
    Rafa is offlineJunior Member

thank you Chris i manage to create the .mov file , i dont know why not mpg4 but .mov is ok.
    now the problem is the .mov file is created in the same folder GIF,where gif are

breezes kiosk picks the gif file to send over by email.

how i can tell kiosk to chose the .mov file instead of the gif file?
    or create another folder for .mov files to send over?

another enquire is if there is a way the .mov video is not so small in size? the gif file is 1 mega while the .mov is 185 kilobytes, and it looks pixelate.

thank you for your help.

I am in need, my event is tonight

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

QuoteOriginally Posted by Rafa View Post
    thank you Chris i manage to create the .mov file , i dont know why not mpg4 but .mov is ok.
    now the problem is the .mov file is created in the same folder GIF,where gif are

breezes kiosk picks the gif file to send over by email.

how i can tell kiosk to chose the .mov file instead of the gif file?
    I'm sorry Breeze Kiosk only supports JPEGs and animated GIFs at the moment. I will look into adding support for MOV files but can't guarantee anything at this stage.

or create another folder for .mov files to send over?
    You would have to edit the script and add lines to create the new folder if it doesn't already exist and then modify the ffmpeg command to save the MOV file in the new folder.

another enquire is if there is a way the .mov video is not so small in size? the gif file is 1 mega while the .mov is 185 kilobytes, and it looks pixelate.
    There's probably a compression setting you can add to the ffmpeg command.