• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    puhl
    puhl is offlineJunior Member

Default Reprinting double strips - no cutting

Hi, reprinting of double strips from DSLR Remote Pro and Breeze Kiosk happens without cutting the strips. So the print is 1x 4x6 rather than 2x 2x6.
    This was discussed long time already in the forum.

I wanted to check if there is a solution or a workaround in the meantime for this annoyance.

Thanks
    Peter
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

There isn't any way to tell Breeze Kiosk to use different printer settings for each photo. This means that if you are using it to display a mixture or 4x6 full page prints and 2x2x6 strips you either have to set the printer to print 4x6 without cutting in which case the double strips are not cut or set it to cut in which case the 4x6 full page will be cut in half.

If you're reprinting in DSLR Remote Pro and are using profiles to select different print layouts you need to make sure the correct profile is loaded before reprinting so that the correct printer settings are loaded.

puhl
    puhl is offlineJunior Member

Default Loading of specific printer settings to cut or not cut

Chris, I was thinking of your proposal to load the correct profile before reprinting so that printer settings can be loaded. I think this is not possible with my menu structure and profile structure because the reprint selection is available on the top menu (aka top profile or profile #1) only. My menu/profile structure is:
    Main menu - profile 1 - main selection only, no picture taking itself, has the reprint button, a non-visible "exit" button, and 2 pictures representing a choice of one 2 layouts - pressing one of these, then executes profile 2 or 3.
    Profile 2 - 2x2x6in strips, cut
    Profile 3 - regular 4x6 in printout
    I guess, that most Photobooth solutions are implemented like that.

So, the only place where it makes sense to have reprint selection is on the main menu, profile 1.

As former software engineer, I was not willing to give up yet :-) And was thinking more....

I see 2 possibilities to keep the printer settings or profile information together with each printout and/or each taken image:
    - Store it together with the other layout information in the corresponding XML file
    - Store it directly in the JPG file - either use an un-used EXIF or IPTC field

Then, at time of re-printing, you are not dependent on the context in which DSLR or Kiosk was and therefore the already active printer settings. You have the information at hand and could make use of it, and even in Kiosk and DSLR Pro.

What do you think, Chris?