• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    puhl
    puhl is offlineJunior Member

Default Recommended settins for DNP DS-620 printer - question to all

Can anyone share how you have setup/configured the DS-620 or another DNP printer in DSLR Remote Pro and what the associated printer driver settings are....
    - have you enabled color management in DSLR Remote Pro and what options are you using?
    - what settings are you using in the printer driver regarding color management?

Would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks,
    Peter
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

apples is offlineSenior Member

hi Peter,

I've been using using DS40's for years.

You need the disc to get the drivers onto your PC, I've tried previously to do it from the DNP website, but failed.

Once you have the drivers on your PC it is easy - in Breeze, you just select the printer from the 'printer setup'.

Colour management - no I just leave it on factory settings - the DNP prints slightly dark when you look at the prints, however I'm not too worried by this.

rgds

puhl
    puhl is offlineJunior Member

Thanks, "apples"....

After playing with different scenarios if and which color management options to use, I decided to leave it all to the printer -- and do this consistently across all applications. So, at least, I get consistent behaviour and consistent colors. And the printer defaults are not bad when all color management is left to the printer.

What I had noticed: when using color management in DSLR Remote and in Breeze Kiosk and on my desktop with Lightroom and Photoshop I ended up with slightly different colors for some of them. I found this annoying because I test my background.jpg images from Photoshop or LR from a remote desktop accessing the DNP in the photobooth as remote printer. Now in all places - in printer settings, print dialogs I just always use "color management/ICM done by printer" and that results in consistent behaviour.

Just wanted to share my findings...
    Peter