• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    puhl
    puhl is offlineJunior Member

Default Facebook upload in Breeze Kiosk v1.3

Hi, I want to setup the Facebook upload in Breeze Kiosk v1.3.
    First I had always run into facebook upload timeouts - I got that resolved by changing the registry value from 30 to 60 (secs).
    Now the upload is working BUT with some unexpected behaviours:
    1. After entering the FB user name and password in the Kiosk UI, a FB log-in window shows up which repeats the user name and password. So far - ok. At the bottom it has the option "remain logged in" (I see the dialog in German, so I do not know what exactly the English version would show), which I selected. My assumption would be: the next time I want to upload as the same user, that dialog window would not show up again. BUT it does - for each photo being uploaded. Is that a bug on the side of Kiosk or Facebook log-in or expected behaviour? -- Why does that window appear at all? -- It seems not to make a lot of sense to me.... Can it be suppressed?

2. After the upload is complete, a message "Upload 100%" is displayed across the middle of the photo being uploaded. So far - OK. Now a big white window appears taking almost all display space. This is really annoying. When you tap the screen the photo in the photo section (I am using the thumbnails and photo view) comes back again, but the white box (or better a portion of it) remains overlaying the thumbnails on the left side. After a few more seconds, that white box also disappears. When I just re-tested, the white box came again but behaved differently when tapping the display. When not tapping the display, and just waiting for the screen/slide show to kick in again, then the white box also disappears...

Upload basically works but this is somewhat annoying --- is there a quick solution for both issues?

Thanks
    Peter
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

varunmukhi
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    varunmukhi is offlineJunior Member

Default Facebook Timeout in Breeze Kiosk

I'm having trouble with facebook uploads too.
    Even though I have increased the timeout, it still stops in 30secs.
    I've tried this on two different machines and have got the same result. People need more time as the internet connections here are not too good. Plus theres extra time wasted for all the additional pop-ups from the fbuploader app.

Has anyone encountered the timeout issue? I've even checked the registry and the values get updated, but it still times out in 30secs.

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

Are you using the latest version? I've checked the timeout on my computer using the latest version and it appears to be working correctly.

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

QuoteOriginally Posted by puhl View Post
    Hi, I want to setup the Facebook upload in Breeze Kiosk v1.3.
    First I had always run into facebook upload timeouts - I got that resolved by changing the registry value from 30 to 60 (secs).
    Now the upload is working BUT with some unexpected behaviours:
    1. After entering the FB user name and password in the Kiosk UI, a FB log-in window shows up which repeats the user name and password. So far - ok. At the bottom it has the option "remain logged in" (I see the dialog in German, so I do not know what exactly the English version would show), which I selected. My assumption would be: the next time I want to upload as the same user, that dialog window would not show up again. BUT it does - for each photo being uploaded. Is that a bug on the side of Kiosk or Facebook log-in or expected behaviour? -- Why does that window appear at all? -- It seems not to make a lot of sense to me.... Can it be suppressed?

2. After the upload is complete, a message "Upload 100%" is displayed across the middle of the photo being uploaded. So far - OK. Now a big white window appears taking almost all display space. This is really annoying. When you tap the screen the photo in the photo section (I am using the thumbnails and photo view) comes back again, but the white box (or better a portion of it) remains overlaying the thumbnails on the left side. After a few more seconds, that white box also disappears. When I just re-tested, the white box came again but behaved differently when tapping the display. When not tapping the display, and just waiting for the screen/slide show to kick in again, then the white box also disappears...

Upload basically works but this is somewhat annoying --- is there a quick solution for both issues?

Thanks
    Peter
    re: 1
    The Facebook login page is a normal page in a web browser and will display whatever Facebook sends and there isn't really any way to change this. You could try logging into your Facebook account in a normal web browser to see whether that prevents Facebook from sending the additional screen. The problem may be caused by the user's Facebook security settings.

re: 2
    It sounds as though what may be happening is the Facebook uploader helper app is being displayed with a blank page at the end of the upload. I haven't come across this before and I can't reproduce this on my computer. It is difficult to know what to suggest without having a reliable way to reproduce the problem.