Thread: Upload - saving jpg to specific folder by pressing button / sending keyboard command

• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    HerrJott
    HerrJott is offlineJunior Member

Default Upload - saving jpg to specific folder by pressing button / sending keyboard command

Hi Chris and all other avid photoboothers. I am using PSRemote 3.1 in my photobooths without touchscreen, but 2 arcade buttons.
    Usually they are programmed with F2 and F3 respectively to start a sequence and at the end, the pictures are printed.

My new challenge now is to allow users to decide, whether they want a picture only as a print or as a print AND uploaded it to social media - which in this case just means to store the picture into a specific folder on the HD (from there on, ITTT takes over. I wouldn't / can't use the "inhouse" facebook-upload option in lack of touchscreen or keyboard.

My idea was to use the output settings and the "confirm before printing" function. Every picture would be printed by using the timout action "print" and setting the timeout to about 10 sec. This way, if a visitor would only want to have his picture printed and NOT have the corresponding jpg uploaded (= saved to a specific folder) he would have just waited 10 secs, gotten his picture and left.
    The problem is, that all pictures are stored in the specified folder in "Copy jpg to folder"...

Is there a way to store only those pictures accepted or "marked" in any way through the press of a button (= keyboard command) in a specific folder
    - AFTER the pictures have been taken
    - and still printing out every picture automatically
    ?

Hope my concern is somewhat clear to you all..

Thanks so much in advance
    Jakob
    Last edited by HerrJott; August 16th, 2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

I can't think of anything built into the software to do this, but you could do try writing an AutoHotKey script which waits for a key press when the confirm_printing.jpg screen is displayed e.g. F2 or timeout would print only and F3 would print and then copy the JPEG copy of the printed output to the upload folder.

HerrJott
    HerrJott is offlineJunior Member

Thanks, Chris.
    But since I want to have the four pictures taken FIRST and then let the visitors decide whether they want to print only or the print and a copy to the specific (different than usual) upload folder: in order to write such a script, wouldn't there have to be keyboard shortcut within PSRemote for "saving the jpg to folder ___"? I couldn't find anything like this in the list of the shortcuts...

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

Key presses will be handled by an AutoHotKey script first and so it can look at the current photo booth screen and decide what action to take e.g.
    ready.jpg screen: F2 pressed - send F5 to PSRemote to start taking photos
    confirm_printing.jpg screen: F2 pressed - send A to PSRemote to accept the photo and then wait for the JPEG copy of the print to be saved and copy this to the upload folder