• Switch to Threaded Mode
    rwhite
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • Visit Homepage
    rwhite is offlineMember

Default Issues With Breeze Kiosk with Windows 10

Chris I am running Breeze Kiosk on 2 touch screens. Both are MSI All-In-One touchscreen pc's. One is operating Win7 and the other Win10.

I have created a directory on both pc's under Breeze Kiosk called Advertisements and have a few .jpgs in that directory. Both the Win7 and Win10 run the adverts fine.
    The problem I am having is that I created a slideshow_background.jpg file and placed it in the main Breeze Kiosk directory both on the Win7 and Win10 pc.
    The Win7 shows the slideshow_background.jpg image when in slideshow mode but the Win10 pc reverts to the default .jpg screen.

Any ideas why the Win10 pc is having issues displaying the slideshow_background.jpg file?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

There shouldn't be any difference running it on Windows 7 or Windows 10. Please double-check the naming of the file (make sure it is named slideshow_background.jpg not slideshow_background.jpg.jpg) and that it is stored in the correct folder (shown by "Screen images in:" in the main window). Does it display other screen images in that folder as expected?

rwhite
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • Visit Homepage
    rwhite is offlineMember

QuoteOriginally Posted by Chris Breeze View Post
    There shouldn't be any difference running it on Windows 7 or Windows 10. Please double-check the naming of the file (make sure it is named slideshow_background.jpg not slideshow_background.jpg.jpg) and that it is stored in the correct folder (shown by "Screen images in:" in the main window). Does it display other screen images in that folder as expected?
    Good point. I created a main_background.jpg in the main Breeze Kiosk directory and it also will not display on the Win10 pc. It's odd that the adverts work when I check to play adverts. I'm baffled!
    Also to validate that the .jpg files were not corrupt I copied them from the Win7 pc to the Win10 pc.

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

I've just tested Breeze Kiosk v1.3 on Windows 10 and can't find anything wrong. The slideshow_background.jpg is displayed when the slideshow is running, main_background.jpg is displayed in grid view when a photo has been selected and grid_background.jpg (or background.jpg) is displayed the rest of the time.

The only possible causes I can think of are: invalid JPEG files, incorrectly named background images or stored in the wrong folder.