• Switch to Threaded Mode
    RRRoger
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Visit Homepage
    RRRoger is offlineMember

Default Feature Request: Zoom

Glad to see your forum back, Chris

Can you add a magnifying glass or +/- to the toolbar of BreezeBrowser Pro?

I need a very quick way of zooming in on images when sorting thousands of pictures each week.

Thanks, Roger M.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

You can do this using "View actual image" or the image comparison window. I think it would be difficult to add a faster way of doing it in the main view without reducing the speed of normal image display.

RRRoger
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Visit Homepage
    RRRoger is offlineMember

Default Zoom

Chris,
    I just upgraded from ACDseev4 & 6 to 7. It was mostly because this feature is not in BreezeBrowser. I can sort Racers by number nearly twice as fast with ACDsee saving me hours each week.

RRRoger
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Visit Homepage
    RRRoger is offlineMember

Default Zoom while sorting Images

Chris,
    Yes I can zoom Ctrl-B =Actual view, (F9), (F8), (F6), & (F7).
    but, now I cannot advance to next image, copy, or move the image to another folder.
    This is being done with other programs very fast. I do not understand why not BreezeBrowser.
    With ACDsee I can move or copy from the zoomed image and I do not have to close the page each time either. If copying, I just hit the space bar to go to the next image. When moving, the next image comes up instantly.
    Last edited by RRRoger; February 4th, 2005 at 04:04 PM.

BrianC
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    BrianC is offlineJunior Member

QuoteOriginally Posted by Chris Breeze
    You can do this using "View actual image" or the image comparison window. I think it would be difficult to add a faster way of doing it in the main view without reducing the speed of normal image display.
    Chris,

How about combining the features? Normally you can just show your quick "normal view". But if someone tries to zoom in, calculate the actual image and zoom in on it still in the normal view. You could keep that image cached for use of showing the full screen Actual Image too, and toss the cached version when the user switches photos.

Brian

BrianC
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message

Default actual image load time

By the way, what is BB doing that make it take 6 seconds to load a 2 MB actual JPEG image on an Athlon 3200+? IrfanView loads the same image in 0.75 seconds.

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

I don't know why it's taking so long on your system. Viewing a directory with a large number of thumbnails will slow things down because there is a background thread to build the thumbnails. On my 3.2GHz system it takes around 1 sec to view a 9.6Mb JPEG from a 1Ds Mark II.

BrianC
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message

Chris,

I determined that the slow loading occurs when "Enable default color profile for images with no embedded profile" is checked. 1 second to show in main/filmstrip view, 6 to show actual image. With the option disabled the images load in 1/3 second either way.

Brian

DeanSilver
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    DeanSilver is offlineMember

Me too

YIKES! Mine's doing it, too.

But on mine (a slow old P4/3.06HT ), it takes about 7 seconds when "Enable monitor color profile" is selected. Deselecting "enable default color profile for images with no embedded profile" has no effect (it is normally set to sRGB).

When "Enable monitor color profile" is NOT selected, view actual image is very fast. But the image, and main view, are not color managed, and that just won't do! I'm using a profile generated by Optical.

And here's a real twist: it loads some tiffs (of any size from 10- 140MB) in about 3 seconds, about half the time of a
    I never noticed it before because I almost always shoot raw, and when viewing raw images it takes awhile to convert them anyway. The other images I most often view in BB, small proofs, load fast.

Any ideas, Chris?? I've GOT to have color management, and prefer TOP SPEED!

Gary_Berg
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    Gary_Berg is offlineSenior Member

On my P4 3.2Ghz notebook has color management set (Optical profile), I have it not color-managing thumbnails. Those are the only boxes checked in the color management section, plus, of course, the name of the profile is filled in.

Speed is nice and fast, perhaps 1/2 to one second (these are JPEGs from an A2, so somewhere from 3-4Mb in size).

I would assume that loading a directory with color-managed thumbnails might be quite slow.

+ Reply to Thread