• Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    theclassicphotobooth
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    theclassicphotobooth is offlineJunior Member

$5000.00 or $6900.00 yes for a real photobooth..the best deal.. no pipe and drapes here..
    www.theclassicphotobooth.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Qapla
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    Qapla is offlineMember

Default What's wrong with pipes and drapes?

The booth that I use is made from an expandable metal frame. It is covered with drapes that are black on the outside and a pleasing grey on the inside. The "camera wall" is a white drape on the inside with holes positioned so that the camera lens and the laptop screen are visible inside the booth.

The camera and laptop are mounted an aluminum framework that fastens between the legs of the expandable frame.

A brightly painted Stealth Switch lies on the floor.

The printer is positioned on a small folding table at the camera side of the booth. This allows me to not only monitor the pictures as they are printed, but assist with various tasks involved with scrapbooks.

I have done several very expensive receptions (places like Jekyll Island) and have yet to have anyone complain that the booth looks cheap, out-of-place or homemade. In fact, most of the comments are either about how clever the design is or how much fun the booth is.

I guess if the location is permanent or very windy, the "solid wall booth" is an idea. But, for portability and ease of operation I have not had any problems with "pipes and drapes."

Brian Peterson
    Brian Peterson is offlineJunior Member

QuoteOriginally Posted by Jonny View Post
    5000.00, 6900.00???
    You guys are nuts. Talk about bending someone over.
    Jonny, do you own a house? How much did you pay? Do you know that in a $100,000 house there is only about $15,000 to $20,000 in raw materials? Raw materials are only one component of the costs to doing business: Labor is a major one. Taxes are another. And of course everyone wants to make a profit!

No one is bending anyone over anything charging $5000 for a fully constructed photo booth. I too am considering offering them for sale. I have $500 in raw materials and $1300 in the computer, printer, camera, etc. And I have 90 hours of labor into it! $5000 is more than a fair price when offering a turn key solution that all you have to do is plug in! Please learn business before shooting off your mouth.

How would you feel if a customer walked in and said, "a print only cost you 10 cents each and that is all I'm paying!

photoboothco
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    photoboothco is offlineJunior Member

QuoteOriginally Posted by Brian Peterson View Post
    Jonny, do you own a house? How much did you pay? Do you know that in a $100,000 house there is only about $15,000 to $20,000 in raw materials? Raw materials are only one component of the costs to doing business: Labor is a major one. Taxes are another. And of course everyone wants to make a profit!

No one is bending anyone over anything charging $5000 for a fully constructed photo booth. I too am considering offering them for sale. I have $500 in raw materials and $1300 in the computer, printer, camera, etc. And I have 90 hours of labor into it! $5000 is more than a fair price when offering a turn key solution that all you have to do is plug in! Please learn business before shooting off your mouth.

How would you feel if a customer walked in and said, "a print only cost you 10 cents each and that is all I'm paying!
    Heh.. Very well said. I was just about to bring up that same point.

jay1
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    jay1 is offlineJunior Member

Default Physical build of a booth

I can sell you the photobooth box if you want to use your own hardware.
    Give me a call

http://photoscopes.net/content/retro.html

I make then in 2 peices to fit into a suv or mini.

carroll1
    carroll1 is offlineJunior Member

Is this design safe?

Hey everyone,

I noticed that designs like the one in the post above (photoscopes.net) are a popular design.

However, my question for all of you is...aren't you worried about the safety of such a design? If someone were to fall over (for a variety of reasons), what happens if they grab the curtain? To me, it seems like they would bring the whole thing down, including all of the electronics.

Looking forward to your responses!

Qapla
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    Qapla is offlineMember

Default One word ...

Have worked events with drunks using the booth. Since I am always with the booth while it is in use, have not had a problem with anyone tearing it down. However, I can see how it could happen.

There is one word that comes to mind ... INSURANCE!

I know it doesn't prevent damage, but it can protect against legal action and replace broken equipment.

Just a thought ...

Dannygonzales73
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    Dannygonzales73 is offlineJunior Member

Default RE: is this design safe? (Carroll1)

In my rental agreement I have it stated that we are not responsible for for any damage or injuries due to negligence. We haven't had one person question it yet so far

www.dcbooths.com
    Dan

PhotoBoothsandMore.com
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • Visit Homepage
    PhotoBoothsandMore.com is offlineJunior Member

Default Machined, Aluminum Booth

We built a few portable booths from machined aluminum. We're wrapping them with decorative material similar to an autobody wrap. They're durable, portable and professional. We transport ours in a minivan. Our own are equipped with an S5 and an Epson inkjet. The booths we've sold have been well received. They rival "manufactured" booths but are totally portable. I've attached a link to some photos of a personalized booth and a generic booth. We are going to start selling the shells, decorated and ready for components.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mwolfe00...eat=directlink

Let me know if you are interested. We're building 4 shells right now and they should be complete in a couple of weeks. We plan to sell them for $3,500 each.

alexsiskahn
    alexsiskahn is offlineSenior Member

I'd suggest making the printer section large enough to fit a sony 150/200 shinko or kodak dye sub, not too many people like inkjets for reasons alredy discussed.

also u might consider putting the inside computer monitor facing outside to play a slide show. It really doesn't do much good on the inside where no one can see it.

Maybe you could explain how the anti tip device works to? Seems like if a kid grabbed the far end of curtain with a torque arm of 6 feet it would be a safety issue?

+ Reply to Thread